Search for 'Spidercide' on Amazon
He had all Spider-Man's abilities (from Peter's college years), he could control his physical make-up on a molecular level to stretch his limbs, make himself rock hard, change his appearance, create fingertip talons, turn his fist to hammers, sickles and spikes, turn partly liquid, and simulate Spider-Man's webbing.
Spidercide was a Peter Parker clone, Fine-tuned by his creator the Jackal (Miles Warren) to become what evolution would do to Spider-Man over 10,000 years. An amnesiac when accidentally released from his genetic canister, he later believed he was Peter Parker imprisoned for five years. Seeking to protect Mary Jane Watson-Parker against Kaine, Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and the Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly), Spidercide underwent a genetic transformation into a killing machine triggered by his rage. After an exploding propane truck apparently destroyed him, a Scriers cult member retrieved his remains, restoring him. He returned to the Jackal who costumed him, naming him Spidercide. Infiltrating Genetech Research, he stole a vital ingredient for the Jackalís Carrion virus and released it in Springville, Pennslyvania, killing thousands. Later joining the Scrier, Spidercide attacked the Jackal but fell from the Daily Bugle building. Pronounced dead, he was placed in stasis where he apparently remains.
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #399
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
#57 Spider-Man (1997)
- 'Aftershocks - Part One / The Parker Legacy, Part Two: Whose Life is it, Anyway?'#58
- 'The Mark of Kaine, Part 3 of 5: Spider, Spider, Who's Got the Spider?'#61
- 'Maximum Clonage, Part IV: Heading Toward Omega'
Spider-Man: Jackal Files (1995)
Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage (1995)
Alpha Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic (2010)
- 'Maximum Clonage, Part 1: ... And the Jackal Cries, 'Death!'"'Omega
- 'Maximum Clonage - Conclusion: The End of the Beginning!'
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
#399 The New Warriors (1990)
- 'Smoke and Mirrors, Part 2 of 3: Resurrection!'#400
- 'The Gift'#401
- 'The Mark of Kaine, Part 2 of 5: Down in the Darkness'#404
- 'Maximum Clonage, Part 3: In the Name of the Father'
#61 The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976)
- 'Maximum Clonage, Prologue: Everyone Hates a Clone'
#222 Web of Spider-Man (1985)
- 'Players & Pawns Part One: False Truths'#223
- 'Aftershocks Part II - Schemes & Dreams: For Future Screams'#224
- 'The Mark of Kaine, Part 4 of 5: The Assassin with My Face!'#225#226
- 'The Trial of Peter Parker, Part 4 of 4: The Final Verdict'#227
- 'Maximum Clonage, Part 5: If Death Be My Destiny--!'
- 'Players and Pawns Part 2 of 2: True Lies'#124
- 'The Mark of Kaine, Part 1 of 5: Walls'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character