Rocket Racer (Marvel)
Real Name: Robert Farrell
Search for 'Rocket Racer (Marvel)' on Amazon
Rocket Racer uses a jet-powered skateboard with gyroscopic stabilizers, and magnetic boots that keep him attached to the board. The skateboard also adheres to vertical and inverted surfaces. The board is cybernetically controlled via the Rocket Racer's head-set.
Rocket Racer also wears gloves that are each capable of firing up to four micro-rockets simultaneously. The gloves also provide him with a rocket-powered punch.
After his Mother suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized, Robert Farrell began to feel the financial strain on his family. His talent for science and technology seemed to indicate a promising future, however, he designed a weapon equipped costume and a super charged skateboard only to turn to a life of crime as a means of making some fast cash. Early on in Farrell’s crime spree, Rocket Racer was brought down by Spider-Man, which inspired him to look for aid in the form of the Tinkerer. The two of them augmented Rocket Racer’s weapons, but again he was defeated by Spider-Man, and taken in front of a judge. Farrell’s bail was paid by an unknown benefactor who eventually forces Rocket Racer to a life of crime once more. This time, with Spider-Man’s help, Rocket Racer puts an end to his criminal ways as the two of them save each other’s lives from the bondsman’s hired thug, the Bounty Hunter. Farrell was given a light sentence, and after serving his time he receives a scholarship to Empire State University.
Eventually Farrell donned the Rocket Racer persona once again, but this time he was on the side of the angels. One such heroic deed includes the time he helped Spider-Man take down a neo-Nazi fascist called Skinhead. In time, he even joined with other reformed criminals such as Puma, Sandman, Will-O'-The-Wisp, and Prowler to form the Outlaws. Together they have helped Spider-Man, and became contract employees for Silver Sable on a number of occasions.
Rocket Racer was seen opposing Registration forces during the Civil War.
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #172
Rocket Racer (Marvel) is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#9 Avengers Academy (2010)
- 'Puppet Master to Shamrock'
#21 Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way! (2010)
- 'Welcome, Students'#26
- 'Career Day'
Captain Marvel (1989)
#2 Civil War: Battle Damage Report (2007)
- 'Speaking Without Concern'
Die Spinne (1980)
#219 Die Spinne Comic-Taschenbuch (1979)
- 'Alles Gute Kommt von Oben'#220
- 'Der Stachel des Lebens'#221
- 'Angst vor Spinnen?'
#50 Excalibur (1988)
- 'Im Fadenkreuz'#55
- 'Kein Tropfen Blut'#57
- 'Mit Dem Kopf durch die Wand!'
Hämähäkkimies / Spider-Man (1980)
Marvel Collectible Classics: Spider-Man (1998)
#1 Marvel Comics Presents (1988)
- 'Torment (Part 1)/Into the Microverse'
#97 Marvel Tales (1964)
- 'Death's Servant / Where Everybody Knows Your Alias... / Blind Fury / Collision Course'
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
Peter Parker: Spider-Man (1999)
#55 Punisher War Journal (2007)
- 'Rules of the Game, Part 3'
#4 Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane (2006)
- 'Small Wake For a Tall Man'
Spider-Man Unlimited (1993)
Spider-Man's Tangled Web (2001)
#5 Stan Lee Meets Spider-Man (2006)
- 'Flowers for Rhino Part 1: Rhinoplasty'#13
- 'Double Shots'#16
- 'Heartbreaker, Part 1'#17
- 'Heartbreaker, Part 2'
Super-Villain Team-Up / MODOK's 11 (2007)
#1 The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
- 'Mistaken for Happiness, or: "The Team"'#2
- 'Prevenge, or: "The Plan"'#4
- 'Death From Virtue, or "The Getaway"'#5
- 'How Not To Be Good, or "The Payoff"'
Annual 25 The Amazing Spider-Man (1999)
- 'The Vibranium Vendetta Part 1: The Spider and the Ghost'Annual 25 (Newsstand Edition)
- 'The Vibranium Vendetta Part 1: The Spider and the Ghost'#172
- 'The Fiend From the Fire!'#182
- 'The Rocket Racer's Back In Town!'#183
- '... And Where the Big Wheel Stops, Nobody Knows!'
The Marvel Encyclopedia (2006)
HC The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'The Marvel Encyclopedia'
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update '89 (1989)
#6 The Sensational Spider-Man (1996)
- 'Prowler to Serpent Society'
The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976)
Web of Spider-Man (1985)
Annual 03 Young Avengers (2013)
- 'The Secret of Spider-Man!'Annual 07
- 'The Machine and the Man'#50
- '1,000 Words'#56
- 'Flesh and Blood'
- 'Stage Nervous Breakdown Earth 616'
Avengers Academy (Marvel)
Great Game (Marvel)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character