Mother of Memory
Real Name: Savah
Search for 'Mother of Memory' on Amazon
Spiritual leader of the Sun Folk, founding mother of Sorrow's End, and 'Mother of Memory'
Grandchild of Firstcomers; step-daughter of Maalvi; lifemate of Yurek; great-great-great-great-grandmother of Ahdri; teacher of Rayek, Suntop, and Ahdri.
Savah is the Mother of Memory and progenitor of the Sun Folk, founding the Sun Village thousands of years ago with her mother and three male elves, Yurek, Dreen and Maalvi. Regal and serene, Savah is the very soul of dignity, possessing gentle beauty and quiet wisdom. Savah longs for the time when elves and humans can live together in harmony. Savah never sleeps, but there are times when she withdraws to the astral plane, where she constantly searches for knowledge that will help other elves.
Savah has been mentor and teacher to Rayek, Suntop, and Ahdri. It is speculated that Savah considers Suntop to be her logical successor. "Savah's love for her own kind is unconditional and all-forgiving. She loves to teach. Even when a pupil such as Rayek goes off the path of right action, she will not blame or reject but merely attempt to redirect." [see The Big Elfquest Gatherum] Long ago, Savah was lifemated to Yurek. During the human's invasion, Savah was shot by one of the human invaders and was forced to leave the Sun Village. After the shards of the Palace were recovered, Savah and the Sun Folk were liberated from their underground refuge and decided to dwell in the Palace.
First Appearance: ElfQuest (1978) #2
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#2 ElfQuest (1985)
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End'#3
- 'The Challenge'#4
- 'Voice of the Sun'#6
- 'The Quest Begins'#8
- 'Hands Of The Symbol Maker'#12
- 'What Is the Way?'#13
- 'The Secret Of The Wolfriders'#14
- 'The Fall'#16
- 'The Go-Backs'#20
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
#3 ElfQuest: Hidden Years (1992)
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End!'#4
- 'The Challenge'#5
- 'Bridge of Destiny'#6
- 'Soul Names'#9
- 'The Quest Begins'#13
- 'The Warning And The Way'#18
- 'Riddle of Blue Mountain'#20
- 'Fine Feathers'#22
- 'The Fall'#23
- 'The Awakening'#25
- 'The Go-Backs'#32
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
#2 ElfQuest: Kings of the Broken Wheel (1990)
- 'Going Back'#4
- 'Right of Passage'
#2 ElfQuest: New Blood (1992)
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 2'#4
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 4'#6
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 6'#7
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 7'#8
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 8'#9
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 9'
ElfQuest: Siege at Blue Mountain (1987)
#3 ElfQuest: The Discovery (2006)
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain III'#6
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 6'#8
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 8'
#1 Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword (2004)
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part One'#2
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Two'#3
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Three'#4
- 'ElfQuest: The Discovery - Part Four'
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'OGN SC
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character