Sandy the Golden Boy
Real Name: Sanderson Hawkins
Search for 'Sandy the Golden Boy' on Amazon
Sandy was an orphan, whose only remaining blood relative was Dian Belmont. He came to be formally adopted by Wesley Dodds, the original Sandman and love interest to Dian Belmont.
He met his "end" in the Golden Age when the Sandman's experimental "silocoid gun" exploded, filling his body with radioactive silica particles.
Sandy survived to the modern age of comics by being kept in suspended animation for decades, while Dodds searched for a cure.
Hawkins actually owns the so-called "JSA Brownstone". To him, the place is quite literally his home, as it's really his inherited property, Dodds Mansion.
The exact nature of Sanderson's blood relationship to Dian is most unclear. In the Golden Age, she was described as his aunt, but in Sandman Mystery Theatre (stories which are set in the Golden Age, but created in the 1990s), she's firmly portrayed as an only child. All Star Comics (1999)
First Appearance: Adventure Comics (1938) #69
Sandman (DC)(04 - Sandy Hawkins)
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Adventure Comics (1938)
#1 All Star Comics Archives (1991)
- 'Time's Keeper'#2
- 'Time's Arrow'
HC vol. 03 All-Star Comics (1940)
- 'All Star Comics Archives * Volume 3'HC vol. 04
- 'All Star Comics Archives * Volume 4'HC vol. 05
- 'All Star Comics Archives * Volume 5'
#14 All-Star Squadron (1981)
- 'Food for Starving Patriots!'#15
- 'The Man Who Created Images!'#19
- 'The Crimes Set To Music!!!'
#18 America vs. the Justice Society (1985)
- 'Vengeance from Valhalla!'#31
- 'Uncle Sam Wants You!'#51
- 'Monster Society of Evil!'#53
- 'Worlds In Turmoil'#54
- 'The Crisis Comes To 1942! (And Vice Versa)'#57
- 'I Sing The Body Robotic!'#59
- 'Out Of The Ashes...Mekanique!'#60
- 'The End Of The Beginning!'#64
- 'See You In The Funny Papers!'
Armageddon: Inferno (1992)
#3 Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps (2010)
- 'The Last Hope'#4
- 'The Gathering of Heroes'
HC vol. 02 Blackest Night: JSA (2010)
- 'Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Volume Two'TPB vol. 02
- 'Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Volume Two'
Crisis on Multiple Earths (2002)
DC 100-Page Super Spectacular (1971)
DC Comics Presents (1978)
#42 Detective Comics (1937)
- 'The Specter of War!'#47
- 'From Eternia - - with Death!'
#76 History of the DC Universe (1986)
- 'Slay 'Em With Flowers'
Infinity Inc. (1984)
#30 JLA - Die neue Gerechtigkeitsliga Sonderband (1997)
- 'What Private Griefs...'
#15 JSA (1999)
- 'JSA Band I'#16
- 'JSA Band II'#17
- 'Das jüngste Gericht'#18
- 'Erde 2'#20
- 'Der dritte Weltkrieg'#21
- 'Young Justice: Sünden der Jugend'
#1 Justice League of America (1960)
- 'Justice Be Done'#5
- 'Injustice Be Done, Part 3: Sorrow's Story'#69
- 'JSA/JSA, Chapter 2: Guardian Angels'#70
- 'JSA/JSA, Chapter 3: High Societies'#71
- 'JSA/JSA, Chapter 4: Past Mistakes'
#113 Last Days of the Justice Society Special (1986)
- 'The Creature in the Velvet Cage!'
Special Sandman Mystery Theatre (1993)
- 'The Last Days Of The Justice Society'
TPB vol. 08 Secret Origins (1986)
- 'The Blackhawk and The Return of the Scarlet Ghost'#50
- 'Return of the Scarlet Ghost - Act Two'
#7 Star Spangled Comics (1999)
- 'Starring Green Lantern & The Sandman'
#1 The Brave and the Bold 80 pg. Giant Annual (2001)
- '...A Terrifying Hour!'
Wanted, the World's Most Dangerous Villains (1972)
War of the Gods (1991)
Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985)
#20 Who's Who: Update '87 (1987)
- 'Rubberduck to Shining Knight'
#1 Wonder Woman (1942)
- 'All-Star Squadron to Catalyst'#5
- 'Reaper to Zymyr plus Appendix'
#238 World's Finest Comics (1941)
- 'Assassin of a Thousand Claws'
#6#226 Young All-Stars (1987)
- 'The Freak Who Never Fails'
- 'The Coming of the Young All-Stars'#2
- 'A Gathering Of Heroes!'#3
- 'A Call To Arms'#4
- 'California, Here We Come...'#5
- 'Hollywood Knights (1942 Model)'#6
- 'The War Within!'#7
- 'Somewhere In This Favored Land...'#9
- '...You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Souls!'#14
- 'Hell Hath No Fury...!'#15
- '...And Deathbolt Makes Three!'#27
All-Star Squadron (DC)(Earth-2 - Pre Crisis)
All-Star Squadron (DC)(Post Crisis)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character