Uncle Sam (01 - Sam Wilson, WWII)
Real Name: Samuel Wilson
Search for 'Uncle Sam (01 - Sam Wilson, WWII)' on Amazon
Incarnation of the Spirit of America created by the American Talisman during World War II through the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
According to The Spectre (1992) #38, the Spirit of America bonds with a dying patriot in order to create an entity to defend the United States. Although the real name of Uncle Sam (03) has not been explicitly stated, it is heavily implied in The Spectre (1992) #49 that Sam Wilson, the Sorcerer (02), was this version of Uncle Sam and a founding member of the National Interest.
First Appearance: National Comics (1940) #1
Sorcerer (DC) (02 - Sam Wilson)
Spirit of America
Uncle Sam (01 - Sam Wilson, WWII) is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Alan Moore: Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentleman (2003)
All-Star Squadron (1981)
#31 America vs. the Justice Society (1985)
- 'Uncle Sam Wants You!'#32
- 'Crisis on Earth-X! The Prequel'#33
- 'The Battle Of Santa Barbara - - Times Two!'#34
- 'The Wrath of Tsunami!'#35
- '...That Earths May Live!'#38
- 'Detroit is Dynamite!'#50
- 'Crisis Point!'#60
- 'The End Of The Beginning!'
#1 Astro City: Local Heroes (2008)
- 'I Accuse'#3
- 'Hostile Witness'#4
- 'D-Day For Degation'
Cancelled Comic Cavalcade (1978)
#44 Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985)
- 'Changes Of Address'#46
- 'Weapon of War'
Crisis on Multiple Earths (2002)
DC Challenge (1985)
#5 DC Comics Presents (1978)
- 'Thunderbolts and Lightning'#9
- 'All This and World War, Too'#12
- 'Fathers Against Suns'
#62 DC Super Stars (1976)
- 'Born on the Fourth of July'
#10 DCU: Legacies (2010)
- 'Presents Strange Sports Stories'
Freedom Fighters (1976)
#1 Golden Age Secret Files (2001)
- 'The Freedom Fighters'#2
- 'Skragg, The Super-Sniper'#4
- 'The Left Hand of Oblivion'#5
- 'The Rise and Fall of King Samson'#6
- 'Witching Hour for the Warrior Wizards!'#7
- 'The Emperor of the North Pole!'#8
- 'D-Day at Niagra!'#9
- 'Blitzkrieg at Buffalo'#10
- 'Murder in Miniature'#11
- 'Divided We...Die??'#12
- 'Bust-Out in the Big House'#13
- 'The Amazing Origin, The Deadly Return, The Startling Secret of the Black Condor'#14
- 'Sideshows of Doom!'#15
- 'Carnival of Death'
#1 Hawk and Dove (1989)
- 'Golden Age Secret Files & Origins'
#28 History of the DC Universe (1986)
- 'Mad Dogs and Americans'
JLA: The Nail (1998)
JLA: Year One (1998)
#11 JSA (1999)
- 'Stalag Earth'#12
- 'Justice For All'
Justice League of America (1960)
#107 Justice League of America (2006)
- 'Crisis on Earth-X!'#108
- 'Thirteen Against the Earth!'
Last Days of the Justice Society Special (1986)
Special National Comics (1940)
- 'The Last Days Of The Justice Society'
Secret Origins (1986)
#19 Steve Ditko Omnibus (2011)
- 'Starring Uncle Sam & The Guardian'#19 (Newsstand Edition)
- 'Starring Uncle Sam & The Guardian'#26
- 'Starring Black Lightning & Miss America'
#14 The Golden Age (1993)
- 'Absolute Power, Chapter One: "I Pledge Allegiance..."'#15
- 'Absolute Power, Chapter Two: "What Price Freedom...?"'
#1 The Lou Fine Comics Treasury (1991)
- 'The World Was at Peace.'
TPB The New Teen Titans (1984)
- 'The Lou Fine Comics Treasury'
The Ray (1992)
The Ray (1994)
The Spectre (1992)
#38 U.S. Uncle Sam (1998)
- 'The Haunting of America, Part 2: Icons'#42
- 'The Poisoned Land'#50
- 'The Haunting of America, Conclusion: Patriots'
Uncle Sam (1997)
Uncle Sam Quarterly (1941)
Who's Who in the DC Universe (1990)
#16 Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985)
- 'Batman To Ambush Bug'
#8 Who's Who: Update '87 (1987)
- 'Fatal Five to Garguax'#24
- 'Tim Trench to Universo'
#1 Young All-Stars (1987)
- 'All-Star Squadron to Catalyst'
- 'A Gathering Of Heroes!'#27
All-Star Squadron (DC)(Earth-2 - Pre Crisis)
All-Star Squadron (DC)(Post Crisis)
Freedom Fighters (DC)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"No! I will never apologize for the United States! I don't care what the facts are!"
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character